PIC SOFTWARE FOR ARDF TRANSMITTERS TYPE ATX & TRO
ON7YD COMPATIBLE ATX TIMER (PIC16F84 or PIC16F628)
The ATX PIC timer is pin compatible with both ON7YD 80m and 2m transmitter designs.
Do not use on later 2m G3ZOI TXs which use the PIC to generate the MCW tones.
The phono socket provides the only user port to the PIC in these transmitters, and is therefore used for both synchronization and eeprom loading.
On later 80m/G3ZOI versions a tactile switch is duplicated on the sync port to make eeprom changes easier.
TRO TIMER (PIC16F628 only)
The TRO PIC software controls the timer and also provides the audio tone for MCW (i.e. No separate IC tone generator). The PIC directly switches the ICS525 clock multiplier. A tactile button on the PCB is used for loading a callsign into eeprom.
The 2m TX by G3ZOI uses TRO software.
TRO-2 version 6, requires updated software. (see below).
FUNCTION SUMMARY – ORIGINAL FORMAT
- Sends either MO+ E, I, S, H, or 5 for 1 minute or MO continuously at approximately 9wpm
- Transmit cycle time either 5 foxes in 5mins (standard) or 2 foxes in 2 mins (training).
- Delayed start from 30 mins up to 31 hours.
- User programmable call sign sent at the end-of-transmission.
- Transmits MOx once each cycle at 30wpm – 1 hour before the delayed start.
- Software tune-up for 80m TXs. If the PA is keyed before the CD4001 is running, the PA transistor is biased on, and will probably blow the RFC in the collector. The unused PIC port (pin 3) is used to provide a more reliable soft tune-up option with a delay before keying.
- Up to 8 TXs, 80m and 2m. The TX ident is a set in eeprom (was DIP switch). The DIP switch sets the number of TXS in the event 1-8. 1 TX for MO. 2 to 5 TXs on time is 1 min, reducing to 37secs in a 5 minute cycle for 8TXs. The additional idents for 6, 7 & 8 are MO+N, MO+D, MO+B.
- Delay time is 1 to 31 hrs in 1 hour steps.
HEX DOWNLOADS (right click to save)
- ATX 5TX, 30min delay steps, software tune-up.
- ATX 8TX, 1hr delay steps, software tune-up.
- TROv6 8TX, 1hr delay steps.
- ATX HEX code for PIC16F84 / 84A
- ATX HEX code for PIC16F628
- TRO HEX code for PIC16F628
- G3ZOI/M0AET 80m foxOring transmitter, for PIC16F628